Mr. Gersten began his real estate career in 1957 as a representative of an owner of Mill properties in Lawrence, MA and Patchogue, NY. He received his real estate brokerage license in 1959 and was one of the founding partners of a brokerage firm which specialized in industrial and commercial real estate throughout the Nassau and Suffolk County areas of New York.
After a sojourn as International Sales Manager for the largest Export Packing firm on the East Coast, he joined Island Realty in 1994 as a Vice President/Associate Broker, concentrating on office and industrial properties.
- 2008 – Present: Metro Realty Services, LLC
- 2003 – 2008: Managing Director/Office Manager, Grubb & Ellis New York, Inc.
- 1998 – 2002: Managing Director, Grubb & Ellis New York, Inc.
- 1994 – 1997: Vice President, Island Realty
- 1978 – 1993: International Sales Manager – Brooklyn Steel Warehouse Company
- 1965 – 1977: Partner, Penguin Realty Company, Inc.
- 1960 – 1964: Senior Broker, Greiner-Maltz Real Estate Company
- 1957 – 1959: Real Estate Representative – Patchogue-Plymouth Corporation
Mr. Gersten is a graduate of Harvard College; attended Columbia Law School, the Bernard M. Baruch School of Business, and holds a Masters Degree in Psychological Counseling from C.W. Post.
Mr. Gersten was President of the Industrial and Commercial Brokers Society (I.C.B.S.), a forerunner of the Commercial Industrial Brokers Society of Long Island (C.I.B.S.).
Mr. Gersten was active with the Harvard Alumni Committee of Long Island for over 20 years and Commissioner of the Allenwood Little League in Great Neck for 4 years.
Mutual of Omaha, Met Life, IBM, GMAC, National City Mortgage, H&R Block, Neurological Surgery, P.C.