Mr. Hackett joined Metro Realty in January 2006 as a managing partner. He is involved in all aspects of running the 14 person office in Farmingdale. In 2010 he was selected for Long Island Business New’s 40 under 40 class which awards outstanding members of the business community on Long Island who are under the age of 40 and have proven to be future leaders of Long Island and have a proven track record of career success. His primary focus is on industrial sales and leasing in Nassau and Suffolk County. His specialty is industrial sales under 50,000 sf where he completed 22 such deals in 2015.
Prior to joining Metro, Mr. Hackett was a Vice President at CBRE’s Woodbury office. Concentrating on tenant and landlord representation as well as strategic planning and the implementation of industrial transactions, Mr. Hackett was the only broker in the CBRE office who solely represented industrial properties. He also mentored junior associates in the aspects of real estate negotiations and the basics of the commercial real estate business. One of his many sales includes the 92,000sf building on 37 acres sold from Arrow Electronics to Interpharm.
Before joining CBRE, Mr. Hackett was employed at Grubb & Ellis New York, Inc. where, as Associate Managing Director, he was awarded Long Island Business News’ “Rookie of the Year” award in 2002. He was promoted to Managing Director later that year, exclusively representing owners in the disposal of their properties. Prior to that, Mr. Hackett worked as a Managing Agent at Alfred S. Friedman Management Corporation where he was involved in all levels of building management.
SIGNIFICANT SALES & ASSIGNMENTS:
- Completed the sales of 79 commercial/industrial properties between 2013-2015.
- Represented Duro Dyne Inc. in the purchase of 130,000 SF in Bay Shore, NY.
- Represented Weiss Instruments in the sale of 50,000 SF in Holtsville, NY.
- Represented Interpharm Inc. in the sale of 92,000 SF on 37 acres in Yaphank, NY.
- Represented Amerigas in the disposition of 2 properties with rail siding; 4.5 acres in Medford and 3.85 acres in Wyandanch. Both Sold in 2014.
- Represented several Banks in sale of REO properties in Nassau, Suffolk and Kings County (2011-2016).
- Represented Penske Truck Leasing in finding a Western Suffolk location with proper zoning and an oversized lot. The requirement took nearly 5 years to satisfy. They ended up with a 27,000 SF building on a 4.7 acre site in West Babylon, NY.
- Represented a local landlord in Hauppauge in ±350,000 SF of sales and leasing deals over a 5-year period. (99-04).
- Represents a local landlord in the leasing of their industrial portfolio in the West Babylon Industrial Park. Their 9 building portfolio is currently 100% occupied.
Bachelor of Science in Business Management, University of South Florida
Airgas, American Community Bank, Amerigas, Atlantic Automotive Group, Dewalt/Black & Decker, Ferrell Gas, LI Automotive Group, Penske Corp., Pilkington Libbey-Owens Ford, Plycon Van Lines, Sayville Ford, Staples
Building Size: ±11,054 sf
Lot Size: ±.63 acres
Ceiling Height: 15’ 5” - 16’ 6”
Loading: 9 Drive-ins
- - -
Sale Price: $2,495,000.00
Building Size: 18,200 sf (2 Bldgs 8,200 sf / 10,000 sf)
Lot Size: 5.75 acres
Ceiling Height: 16’ 8” – 21’ 3”
Loading: 7 Drive-ins (14’x14’)
Zoning: Zoned Industrial 1 (Town of Islip)
Power: ± 1,200 amps (Subject to verification)
Total Space Size: ±2,148 sf
Offices: ±1,284 sf
Warehouse Size: ±864 sf
Ceiling Height: 18’
Loading: 1 Drive-in
Power: 200 amps
Parking: up to 10 spots