Anthony Garistina, a partner and one of the original founders of Metro Realty Services, LLC has been principally engaged in the sale, leasing and management of industrial / commercial property for over 24 years.
Prior to Metro Realty’s formation in the fall of 1998 Mr. Garistina had been a partner of Grubb Ellis / Island Realty, at that time the largest commercial real estate brokerage on Long Island. He entered the real estate business in 1987 after having owned and operated a general contracting business for 11 years.
Mr. Garistina has participated in numerous industrial / commercial transactions both on and off Long Island. In 2009 he exclusively represented Sunshine Pride’s Dairy in their search for a facility in Virginia, which culminated with their purchase of an 87,500 square foot facility on 9.5 acres in Winchester, VA. With many of the companies he has represented, that representation evolved into lasting relationships, which in turn resulted in multiple transactions over time. A few of these are:
- Van Son Holland Ink Corp: an international manufacturer and distributor of printing inks – 8 separate transactions over a period of 12 years.
- Harbor/Harbrew Imports Inc: an importer and distributor of liquor and liquor related items -12 separate transactions over 15 years both in New York & New Jersey.
- Castella Imports Inc: an importer, manufacturer and distributor of specialty food products – 6 separate transactions over a 19 year period.
- Matthews Prime Meats Inc: a purveyor of fine quality meats and gourmet food items – 5 separate transactions over a 7 year period.
- Manhattan Beer Inc: one of the largest beer distributors in the New York Metropolitan area – 4 transactions including the purchase of their Long Island distribution facility totaling over 250,000 square feet on 15 acres.
- Louis J Solomon Inc: a producer of fine reproduction furniture – 4 separate transactions in 16 years.
- Commercial / Industrial Brokers Society
- Hauppauge Industrial Association
- Association for a Better Long Island
- Huntington Chamber of Commerce
B.S. in Finance from Hofstra University.
He has been a member and active participant in some of Long Island’s premier business organizations: